A home finance company car insurance rate is determined in several ways. Home finance companies that sell car insurance are generally stable companies. They are very prompt about paying claims in most cases. They are large insurers who are diversified and can cover all their obligations.
Home finance companies offer mortgage insurance and home owner insurance as a means to protect their investments. Auto insurance is not so obvious a move, but it protects their customers’ solvency, too.
If you have an accident, you may be liable for damages to someone else’s car. That is usually the easy part. What can really break the bank is liability for injury of another person or persons.
You could have to pay for medical expenses, which could be astronomical. A court could award pain and suffering to the victim. You might even have to pay loss of wages. The auto insurance will protect you from these losses.
Many factors affect car insurance rates.
- Having air bags can help your rates. If you have a wreck, your insurance might have to pay for injury to passengers in your car. Your home finance company car insurance rate will go down if you have air bags in your car to protect yourself and your passengers.
- Having multiple cars helps. The more cars you have insured with your insurance company, the less you will pay per car.
- Paying by the year is best. Even paying for six months at a time lowers your car insurance rate. If you pay by the year, it is even better. This is because the company does not have to bill you or do make entries on your account as often. If you pay every month, it is more of a hassle for them.
- You can get a discount if you are in the military. This includes active duty members of all the military services. Veterans can get the discounts as well. If you are a member of the National Guard or Reserves you also qualify.
- Senior citizen discounts can help you. If you are over 55, your home finance company car insurance rate could be lower. This is true of most insurance companies. It even makes more sense for home finance companies because your house is usually paid off or nearly so.
- It pays to be a good student. Whether you are in high school or college, a grade point average of 3.0 or higher can earn you a better car insurance rate.
- It helps to be accident-free. If you have not had an accident in five years or more, the car insurance company will look kindly on you. You are a good risk for them. You are not nearly as likely to have an accident as someone who has had many wrecks.
- Having home insurance with the same company is a big plus. A home finance company that also sells auto insurance will reward you well if you take their home and car insurance both.
You can have some control over your home finance company car insurance rate. Do what you can and watch those numbers come down.